Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Well, needless to say it wasn't that exciting of a Vday since we have a 3 week old and a 2 year old. We did meet for lunch with the kiddos at Olive Garden instead of trying to beat the crowds in the evening and had a nice time. After the kids went to bed we exchanged gifts and enjoyed some quiet time together but otherwise went to bed early out of desperate need of sleep, haha.

I gave Josh these envelopes:
There is one envelope for each month of the year

Inside is a pre-planned date for that month. So each month we will pull out the date card, pick a day that month to go on the date and write it on the calendar. I thought this would be a good idea since now with 2 kids we will need those dates more than ever! Towards the beginning of the year they are low key or at-home dates so we can cater to nursing the munchkin and then longer more involved dates later in the year.

I handmade the envelopes and was happy with how they turned out

I also did a little project with face cards with one thing I love about Josh on each card

Josh got me a sweet card and brought home a caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Choc Factory, one of my all time favorite treats. He also planned to get a picture of the Oakland Temple but didn't realize you had to special order them (at least the one that we have looked at and picked out before) and so that didn't happen, but we will probably still get it in the near future.

It was a low key Vday, which was fine, because really we just
enjoyed being together as a new little family of 4 :)

1 comment:

Shelly Onofrio said...

I LOVE your date card ideas! I totally am going to steal this idea and do it for Benjamin next year!