Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Life With 2 Kids

Well, its true, we made it through the past week and a half without grandma. Lyla is being a good big sister and giving Mac lots of kisses and loves. Her favorite thing to do is kiss his little toes and the top of his head and does both multiple times a day.
Mac is sleeping about 3-4 hours a night. He just eats and goes right back to sleep so its not too bad. During the day is a different story. We try and go with the schedule of eat, awake time, nap. He loves awake time and is always very alert like Lyla was and always checking everything out. He has a hard time going down for naps alone and just likes to be cuddled instead, which sometimes I give in to but then its less time I get to play with Lyla so we are working on getting him to sleep in his bed alone.

Family Tummy Time :)
We got pictures done at 2 weeks old. These are the only 2 we got so far, a little sneak peek. More to come when she sends the CD. I thought this first one was so cute and shows off his little hairdo. I didn't notice that his little ears kind of stick out until I saw this picture. So precious


Gettin some snuggles in. Love his little cheek all squished up
I have fully recovered and hardly feel like I had a baby 3 weeks ago. This is a huge difference than with Lyla since I was sore for several weeks and still didn't fully recover for about a month. I feel so blessed to be feeling well since I can't imagine doing everything for 2 kiddos while still being sore and moving slowly.

I have made it out of the house about 2 times by myself with the kids now. I think once a week is about all I can handle, it so much work so the errand better be worth it otherwise we will be waiting for dad to get home. Not to mention time consuming, but trying to get them ready before lunch and Lyla's nap and in between nursing is quite the trick.

Thought this pic was funny because its like he's saying
"Mom, please, stop taking so many pictures of me"

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Love it! Thanks for the post! We've been waiting and waiting for it. What a cutie! And I hear you on running errands. Just this Monday, I went to Walmart for the first time with all three. We survived! That's all I have to say! Keep up the posting. :)