I'm sure most newly pregnant women might think this, but I'm already starting to get overwhelmed with everything that babies need! I'm sure I'll get some things from baby showers, but I still would like to get advice from the many mothers out there who have already done this.SO...please let me know what has or hasn't worked for you for things like:
Cribs?
Bobby Pillow? (is it really that helpful?)
Stroller?
Car Seat?
High Chair?
Swings or bouncy chair?
Any cute websites or blogs on how to make baby bumpers, blankets, curtains etc?
I've heard there are discount websites for diapers, but not sure what they are?
Any books I should read before the baby comes? I know I won't have much energy or time to read them after, so any books that help with getting babies to sleep or good ideas in general?
That should cover most of the things I lay at night thinking about so far. Any other suggestions or advice for pregnancy and/or baby stuff would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone :) (oh, and any cute stores for maternity clothes??)
9 comments:
ahem....
things that we should have skipped and NOT asked for or bought...
1. CHANGING TABLE..takes up too much room in korbins room.. we used it when he was first born and not really since ( then again going all the way upstair to change a diaper is lame-O)
2. you DONT need a pack n play unless you plan on doing traveling where one is not provided..and if you go get one go cheap.. the added bassinet/changing table is a wase and half the time doesnt work bc baby is too fat
3. skip a highchair.. you can buy little boosterseats (like the one we had for korbin) for 3o.. and it works TONS better, portable, easy to clean and takes up LESS space..
4. baby bath tub.. it was nice when he was no more than a month.. then it became too much a hassel to fill it.. and deal with cleainghim too. .the tub/sink works just fine
MUST HAVES
1. crib (Duh)
2. some people swear by the swing.. koribn never liked it we will see iwth number two i guess- i 'd stick with the small and cheap verson-our cousins got one that was a mini version and half the cost and it worked better than out 80 dollar one
3. that jumper thing we had..korbin spent HOURS in it..
4. the more onsies the better (the more complicated the outfit the more frustrated i got with taking on and off and mad when he crapped on it
5. Stick with walmart bottles- cheap adn they work just fine (they dont knw the difference between the 10 dollar bottle and the 1 dollar bottle)
6. if you do formula stick with no name brand (all the same..) korbin turned out normal.. well kinda
7. get the name brand nursing pads.. they last longer.. the other ones soak through FAST
8. get an electric pump (if you are going to do that too..) the manual ones suck .. well tech they dont at all...
9. Huggies are teh brand to go.. luvs fill up too fast and left rashes on korbin and my friend's baby.. start stalking up now- then it wont seem as bad when baby is here..
... that is all i can think of for now.. that and korbin woke up and i should play mom.. I cant beleive your going to be a mom! YEAH!
oh and.. i didnt ever use boppy with korbin..pillows work jsut fine for when they are little- after a month or two it is just another hassel that gets in teh way.. i did however get one for number 2 so we will see how that goes...
ROss has good stuff sometimes for fat people clothes .but you have to go a hunting.. CHECK oldnavey too ( online works well too- that is where my teaching wardrobe is coming from)
I found the babylegs tutorial on the "Homemade by Jill" website on my blog favs.
Here are a few things that I loved: The book "Baby Wise"! (I would also get the 5-15mo and toddler wise as well:) Boppy's are a must (if you nurse) but also great to put behind them when they are learning to sit up! The chicco highchair is incredible! It is cute and folds up into nothing so if you are tight on space it is great! Love it! I would also recommend the Baby Einstein play gym! You can put them under it as a newborn and the colors, and sounds help to stimulate their brain! Those are just a few of my favs! Hope it helps! Congrats again!
i am soo excited for u guys!!! Graco is the best for baby supply's! and dont get a crib where the side goes down ive heard that they are super dangerous. O im so excited to find out what u guys are having!!
My advice would be... dont worry about all this stuff! Enjoy the last months of just being Josh and you because once this baby comes all hell will break loose :)
i'm with eric and kailee. just go buy a four-wheeler and play on that until the kid comes then you can worry about what you need.
and use the four wheeler as a high chair and a changing table.
I have no babies so I can't give tons of advise--BUT for work I read this book called "The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer"--it was really cool. I'd reccommend it.
I only have one suggestion for a name. Philbert. You can call him Phil for short, or Bert, what ever you prefer. What do you think? Josh already told me he liked it. Just kidding. We are excited to find out boy or girl!
DeLoy
The Nursing Mother's Companion and The Baby Book are two MUST haves and great to read while still pregnant! :) Good luck with your sweet new baby! New babies are just magic!
Post a Comment