Saturday, August 29, 2009

3rd Anniversary

August 17th we celebrated our anniversary. The day before was Sunday and Josh's brother left that morning. We went to church and while Josh was teaching second hour I snuck out and packed our bags for a little getaway.

I told him we were going to the park for a picnic but actually kept driving, for about 3 hours, and surprised him with a stay at a B&B in a cute little town called Wenatchee, WA.

Ivy Wild Inn B&B


That night we went to this cute Italian restaurant when we got in around 8pm. We were starving and they had great bread!


The next day we went to some gardens a few minutes away that were very pretty and peaceful. It was a great way to relax and enjoy time together before the start of Josh's 2nd year of school.

Josh is in the picture on the left sitting on a bench. This was my favorite pool of water there. There was about 5 all together.

After the gardens we drove about 20 minutes to Leavenworth, WA which is a Bavarian little town and has cute little shops and everything is decorated like Germany.

After walking around Leavenworth we headed back to Spokane and ate dinner at a five star hotel downtown called the Davenport Hotel. They have a small restaurant inside called the Safari Room. It tasted really good and was a great way to end our anniversary.

Happy Anniversary Joshua! Here's to another great year to add onto the last 3! This will be our last anniversary without children, I was a little sad thinking about that. We have had so much fun just the two of us, but are looking forward to being a family of three before we know it. I love having a special day we can think about the years before us, our wedding day, and and the years ahead of us.

2 comments:

Jeff and Jenn said...

Aw, Rach. :) That's really sweet. Also I am kind of ticked because I have a couple gravestones I've been trying to get a picture of in Wenatchee and I thought about asking you but then thought, "no, they'd never just randomly go to Wenatchee, they live in Spokane!" Boo for me. But anyway, I am happy for you guys. 3 happy years is truly something to be proud of! I love you guys and I'm so glad you ended up with Joshie to take care of you. You two are so great together. Love,
Jenn

Penny :) said...

Wow! Has it really been three years? I love going to B&B's and this one looks awesome. Its fun to surprise. In fact for Johns big birthday in March I'm planning a trip to San Diego. Shhhh don't tell him it will be the biggest surprise ever.