Well, it wasn't the "ahh!! my water broke, lets go!" experience like I had hoped for, but we waited for the little guy to come on his own and just didn't want to come. So one week exactly after my due date we decided to be induced. The hospital we delivered at (Intermountain Medical Center) in Murray is SO busy, about 300-400 births a month. So instead of having a scheduled induction time we just were told we would get a call from the nurse between 6-8am to tell us what time to come in. Well, no call, so we called them at 8 SHARP, I was ready to go, had been up early and ready waiting. She said lots of women had some in the night and they weren't quite ready for me. She called back at 9:30 and said to come in at 10:15 to get paperwork started. So we went in, got everything ready and the nurse got the IV in with pitocin started and broke my water by about 10:45/11ish. Contractions started about a half hour later and by 12:30 the doc came in to give me my epidural. The contractions weren't TOO bad at that point but the doc had a c-section and wouldn't be back for at least an hour so I decided to get it going so I didn't have to wait until after. It worked like a dream as usual. We pretty much waited around until about 3pm when the nurse came to check on my progress which I had dilated to about a 6 at that point. The baby was facing the wrong way so they had me flip over to my side and put a leg up on a stirrup to try and get him to move around. We did this a few times on each leg and he finally started to turn. The nurse said at that point since it was my second baby that I should be ready to push in about an hour. It took from about 300-430 to be fully dilated. Once I started getting closer, around 4pm, the epidural started to wear off and it was not fun! I pushed the button for more drugs but we were close enough at this point that it didn't really help and the contractions were very strong and close together. It went from just feeling them a little to feeling them a LOT and so it made me super nauseous. I threw up a few times and got medicine to help the nausea which in just a few minutes started working and at least that part felt better. The nurse and doctor came in to get ready. Josh and I looked at each other and just smiled, getting excited that we were just moments from meeting our little guy. I pushed for about 10 minutes or so and he was arrived at 4:41pm. He laid on my chest and for about 2 seconds was just quiet, and then came the screaming. His cry was so sweet to hear and was a lot deeper than Lyla's was, it was truly a boy's cry! They then took him to be weighed and he came in at 8lbs 3oz and 21 inches long. We were so happy to have added another sweet child to our family and were loving every minute. Overall it was a great pregnancy, labor, and delivery and I am very happy to have a happy, healthy little boy.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love birth stories. Thank you for sharing your's. I hope things at home are going alright and that Lyla likes him even now that he is at home. He looks like such a cutie!
Loved reading Mac's story! I'm so glad your delivery went well. You're one tough momma and he is such a handsome baby!
Post a Comment