Sunday, January 8, 2012

7 More Days...

I am now 39 weeks and only have 7 more days until my due date, Jan 16th. I know it's crazy but I'm really hoping to go over...just a few days, until the 19th. Then this baby will be Jan 19th, Lyla Feb 19th, and Crew on March 19th. I think that would be pretty cool and would sacrifice waiting a few more days for that awesomeness.

Some days, or at least different times of every day, I'm either really excited and want him to come right now, or other times all I can remember is how hard and exhausting those first few months are. I am mostly excited but it is different this time because I actually know what it's like when they come! And this time will be really interesting with a full-on 2 year old on my hands at the same time...

Speaking of that 2 year old, she is making us laugh more and more every day. She does the cutest little things and is getting bigger and learning new words all the time. I hope I am able to stretch my time and attention between a newborn and her and that she doesn't feel like I'm abandoning her. Just to sit and play with her makes her so happy and I really am hoping I can still do that with another addition and being so tired. It will be an adjustment for everyone and I know it will work out, just a little nervous for the transition time.

Welp, off to bed. It's getting to that time where I have some weird delivery or pregnancy dream every night, interrupted by having to pee at 4 am, haha

1 comment:

Bryant and April said...

How exciting Rachel! I remember feeling the exact same way when I was about to have Kate. Gracie had been my WHOLE world for 2 years. I almost felt a little bit of sadness as I said goodbye to her when we left for the hospital the morning I had Kate. But somehow, it works out. Gracie took to being a big sister immediately. Even still (15 months later) my girls are the best of friends. Nobody can make Kate laugh like Gracie can. New babies have a way of helping those older siblings grow up all of the sudden. I'll bet Lyla will be an awesome big sister, and you'll figure out how to still spend time with her and take care of you sweet new little boy. Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little bundle of joy!