Thursday, April 15, 2010

9:30pm-6am

That's right people, Lyla slept her first full night, from 9:30-6. Yes, you read that right, she is not even two months yet and SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!! Only those who have seen Lyla's sleep schedule, especially during the day, can realize how amazing this truly is. We went from last week of eating at 9:30pm, 1am, 4am, 6am and then up after that and slowly we have eliminated the two middle feedings and it has been amazing. I attribute it all to the Baby Whisperer (a book by Tracy Hogg) which helped me get her taking naps during the day to longer than 15-20 minutes at a time to usually an hour to 2 at a time and to get her sleeping through the night. It felt so nice to get up and see that clock show 6am instead of 1am or 3am. Whew! I LOVE my sleep, so this is going to be a nice change around here :)

AND A BIG THANK YOU TO MARISSA GWILLIAM FOR TELLING ME TO READ THE BABY WHISPERER, I OWE HER A BIG ONE!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Yay!! i am so happy for you! i love waking up at and seeing the clock say a normal hour and not 3 or 1 am! i think i will have to read that book- quinn is starting to get in the habit of TWO feedings now.. NO GOOD

Jeff and Jenn said...

WOO-HOOOOO!!!

Gordon and Robyn said...

I am so a believer in the Baby Whisperer. Oliver started sleeping through the night at 2 months and, aside from occasional night time wakings (but not to eat), he has ever since! I'm so happy for you! Sleep from mama is good :)