I woke up today to hear Josh scrambling around to find his snow clothes and telling me I had to get up early because there was so much snow it was going to take forever to get to work. So I stumbled out of bed, looked outside and realized, wow, that is a LOT of snow, he wasn't kidding. So I start to get some clothes out and get in the shower when I thought to check my phone just in case. Sure enough, there was the voicemail I was looking for...School was canceled, no work for me. But of course there are still finals for Josh so I put on my snow clothes and rushed outside to help Josh. We measured at the time at it was 11 inches just on top of my car and that isn't counting the 5 I pushed off yesterday and the 2 right before going to bed. so needless to say we were shoveling the car, the places next to it, and behind it to try and get out. Then Daren called and said all finals were also canceled, until after the break, which is Jan 16th! So phew, but of course we were having a blast playing and trying to scrape snow so we finished up and drove to the end of our parking lot, got stuck and promptly drove back to our parking spot. Of course we weren't prepared and had no food whatsoever, so we walked to the store to get breakfast and called the Harris' and ate at their house, with the Barney's and Andy of course also made it over since they live across the street. After breakfast we all watched a movie together. It was a wonderful day of blizzardy fun and relaxation!
6:30 am, shoveling with the dust pan
Can you see the car?!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
WOW Rach! That is a ton of snow!!!! I'm glad you got to stay home and have a snow day. SOOO Jealous! Today is the last day of school before the break. Too bad I am coming to WA and you are going to CA. I miss you!
It was a fun day indeed!
Oh my gosh! That is insane! I can't believe that picture of your car! And how sucky for Josh that he has to try and hold all that useless lawyer information in until January 16th. Bummer.
That is crazy! So didn't realize you got that much snow in WA, you lucky devils you! :) Have fun making snow angels and snow people and all that fun stuff.
holy cow! so many yellow snow possibilities
its makin my head spin
HOLY CRAP!! I just got your cute card in the mail. I'm sorry we are such bad friends I have two gifts for you guys sitting on my table!! I promise I will send them before Josh leaves law school:) We miss you guys.
that is insane...i thought We got a lot of snow....but that is just crazy...i would be worried i would lose my dog and korbin in that snow haha...love the pics
Post a Comment