Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Spokane Fair Demo Derby

Josh and I went this last week with the Harris' to the Spokane Fair. We watched some of a hypnotist show and then headed off to the demo derby. None of us had been to one before and we had a blast! There weren't as many trashy people at the derby as I had hoped, but a 16 year old did win the whole thing!

After the derby we checked out the fair rides which were bigger and better than any traveling rides I've ever seen! One was like the Superman ride where you lay down on your stomach. I was very tempted to try it out until I found out of course it cost an arm and a leg to go on it. So since it took your arm AND leg, I figured it wouldn't be that fun anyway.

One of my fav parts about the derby is that by the end all of the cars were smoking a ton and made it that much more exciting.

The pinky in the middle was the car I voted for and was a crowd favorite for driving backwards during the race before the derby, but it ended up that #100 won, the car Heather voted for

I would have to say not the best picture of us, but Heather and Daren look cute :)

5 comments:

Jeff and Jenn said...

I read it I read it! That looks like a lot of fun. And, gee, your favorite websites on the side are great!!!

Walnut said...

no you guys look good too. check out josh's vain on his right arm. obviously working out.

russ said...

demo derbies are Awesome! haha, we went to one out here and kinda felt like rednecks, but i have to admit i got excited when one of the cars' engines blew up...glad things are going well for you guys out there!

Anonymous said...

well Spokane looks to be a happening place - who knew
can's wait to come over and check it out

Lacey said...

Wow Rach! You are in such a beautiful place! I loved those falls! What a fun adventure moving away to different places : ) And I read your blog pretty far back....and I have to agree with you...It's DEFINITELY time you start having some kiddos of your own!!! Because they will be so cute : ) And you are gonna be such a cute/good Mom one day! But so are you loving out there? Have you met a lot of people??? Billy applied for a job out in washington a few months ago, but we decided not to take it! After doing a lot of research on it...We definitely wouldn't pass up any other opportunities to go there! It's gorgeous! Good luck with everything! I did get your phone call by the way. I've just been so so so so sick , and not so in the mood to chat lately! Love ya girl! Stay in touch : )