Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lyla's Life

Lyla comes down from her nap (which she didnt take) and says "Mom, I have a bead up my nose". I looked, sure enough, at the top of her nose was a blue bead. It was turned sideways and filling the space so no tweezers or anything were going to get up there without pushing it farther. I googled it. Hold clear nostril closed, blow through mouth. I tried, she screamed, I panicked. I decided to call Josh for some extra help, so he came home and tried the same method and after the second or third blow the bead flew right out. Whew. Just glad we didn't have to go to the doctor or anything to get it out. Thanks google


She is just starting to transition from taking naps but it does catch up with her after a day or two without one. So the first time since she was a newborn she fell asleep somewhere other than the car or her bed. She was out cold and was hard to wake up (it was 5pm, I wasn't letting her fall asleep for too long!). I still give her naps every few days and bed time is pretty early the days she doesn't nap. 

Got a new big kid bike. She wanted to push the pedals back to rock the bike to get herself going like she does on her tricycle but this bike makes it stop when you push the pedals back. It took only about a half hour for her to figure it out and already a day later she has picked it up and loves riding around the neighborhood. 

Mac thinks the bike is pretty cool too and had to try it out

The first time she rode by herself without me by her or helping push her to get going
Quotes:

I come into Lyla's room and she's wearing her Belle dress (from Beauty & the Beast)
Me: Hi Lyla
Lyla: I'm not Lyla, I'm Belle
Oh, hi Belle. What are you doing?
I'm getting the beast (pointing at Mac)
OK, lets get him together!
No mom, I'm Belle, I got this


Mom!  Look, I'm thirsty. See? (Lifts up shirt and points to stomach) My belly is thirsty


Don't drive off that hill Mom, its dangerous. (looking at a random grassy hill on the way to the store, still not sure what made her say that)

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Love those curls on her!