Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

 
We (Lyla and I) woke up to a Valentine's surprise by Dad. On the counter was tulips and 2 cards for me. One card was a Vday card and the other was a coupon for someone to come clean the house for THREE hours! Excited about this because there is nothing I love more than a clean house, but I hate doing it and either taking time away from the kids to get it done or staying up late to finish. I'm sure even after 3 hours it will take 3 minutes to get messed up again, but hopefully the deep clean will get done at least. Lyla got a card with Tinkerbell on it and a little candy holder with conversation hearts inside. She loved it.

Later that evening we decided to just go out all as a family and went to a local restaurant close by called Hoppers. Its been a busy week for Josh with his boss in town from Belgium so we decided to celebrate just me and him on another day. After dinner we went to the mall and spoiled Lyla and let her pick out a Build-a-Bear. It was something Josh wanted to give her for Vday but let her pick out which one she wanted (she chose a rabbit) and we put a little heart in it that when you press it it sounds like a heartbeat.

Josh also gave me just before dinner a coupon for a couples massage to redeem on our future Vday date.
I gave him a card and a certificate for a cooking class that I signed us up for in March (that's whats in the little mailbox). Its a cheese and fondue class, one of his favorite things to eat. I also asked Lyla some questions about Josh and typed out the answers with a picture of them behind it.


The girls definitely got spoiled this year as usual! I am so lucky to have so many people who I love and love me. Especially Josh and the children. I feel so blessed to have all that I do and there is nothing better than a loving family.

No comments: