We are having a birthday party for Lyla this next Saturday because I just can't pass up throwing her a fun party with friends, but I still wanted her to feel special on her actual birthday and ended up spoiling her like crazy ALL day.
The night before I put up a "wall of balloons" for her to wake up to in the morning. I set my alarm and woke up early so I could sit in the hall and record her coming out. I was excited to see her reaction, but I should have known it would go the way it did. She is always slow to wake up and this morning was no different. She opened her door, eyes half closed and peeked around the balloons and saw me sitting there and says "mom??" (I'm usually in bed and I was sitting in the hall recording her today so she was a little confused). She annoyingly brushed the balloons aside and came and just sat down next to me. I laughed. She did run through them several times later that morning though and enjoyed them, just not in the way I had pictured in my mind, haha.
She started the day off right by eating breakfast with Minnie
She got to watch Finding Nemo for a little while until grandma and grandpa came over and gave her her present which was a little camera. She LOVES taking pictures on my camera but I dont let her usually since it usually get thrown around by the time she is done with it. She loved it and just today has already taken 70 random pictures of us, Minnie, toys and anything else she saw.
After breakfast and opening her camera we went to the grocery store and she got to pick out a donut and a balloon. She chose a Winnie the Pooh balloon and a chocolate donut.
Then we met Shelly and Miles at a little indoor play place/amusement park
(gma and gpa came with us)
She ate her favorite: Mac n Cheese for lunch and took a nap. After nap we finished Nemo until dad got home and then we went to Costa Vida for dinner because one of Lyla's favorite things is "rice and beans" right now.
After dinner we went to the trampoline place to jump all our energy out. She loves jumping and had a great time. Even Mac enjoyed crawling around and jumping a little
They added a climbing wall since last time, Lyla tried it out but wasnt too fun without shoes on
We finished the night off right with ice cream from cold stone and a candle. We sang to her and she loved blowing the candle out. You could tell she felt special. She got to pick out whatever topping she wanted and she chose gummy bears
It was such a fun day for her and she was definitely spoiled all day long. I loved being able to celebrate this year since she was old enough to really understand what a birthday was and have some fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment