Last weekend we rented a van for convenience and drove off to Walla Walla, WA for Samantha's wedding. She got married in the tri cities and then the reception was in Walla Walla at the fancy hotel downtown. I didn't take any pictures at the reception, but it was beautiful and simple.
Stayed in a hotel, it was the first time staying with 2 kids in a hotel and went surprisingly well. It was a BUSY 2 days so I think they were too exhausted to fight all going to sleep in the same room.
After the wedding madness we headed up to Spokane to visit the Barney's and the Harris' drove up from Portland and we all stayed together. The kids instantly were back to best friends and had a blast. The adults remembered how good it was to be together and talked nonstop.
This is how happy Lyla was to be there. hahaha. Summer actually caught this silly grin on camera!
Reading together. Another Summer picture
Playing at church together. Mac always wanted to grab Pippy's face, and apparently is picking her nose here and laughing about it while Pip is just wondering what the heck he is doing
Got in some good squeezes from the girls. Sure missed these cuties!
Sunday afternoon we went on a walk together down by the lake and threw some leaves. It was the most perfect fall weather.
That night I made waffles with our new waffle maker and we ate them for dessert at about 10:30pm and boy were they good!
They are huge and filling but I don't think that stopped anyone from having 2
Brittney was awesome and volunteered to give me and Heather foot massages. She took a class on it and she was amazing at it. I'm thinking next time we were together I may request one every night...
We stayed up late which made for a long drive the next day but it was totally worth it. We didn't get home until about 10:30pm but the kids didn't get too cranky and we were counting our blessings on that one.
What a great trip. Seeing each other makes us miss them even more, and can't wait til we can get together again.
No comments:
Post a Comment