Got to go to CO this past weekend to visit Jenn. IT.WAS.AWESOME! We crafted, ate, ate some more, talked for hours, crafted again, and then talked some more. It was a great little vacation and was long enough to miss the kids, but not too short either.
The first day we went to Hobby Lobby and cruised the store going down every aisle, just for fun, and picked up a few crafty items.
Day 2: Our favorite place to eat together, Red Robin. Both got our all time fav: clucks and fries with a hawaiian heartthrob to top it off.
Day 3: Went to see the house. It made me teary, I miss my home. Although they have made a few improvements like taking out all the shrubbery in the front yard and put rocks and cute lights instead. We stood and stared for awhile, then went and looked over the back fence, but didn't see much.
Later that day we finished up our crafting. We made some mosaic frames which was relaxing and easy to do while chit-chatting away
We couldn't help ourselves. As best friends we have always done silly pranks and gotten into mischief together. We couldn't pass up the opportunity that came upon us. Someone had dropped off fake flowers at her house who thought she might want them. They were hideous. So we put them to good use and put them in a car that is a guy friend of hers. They filled the car and looked ridiculous, and we had a good laugh about the outcome. But most of all, we felt like we were 16 again, and it was awesome.
I think in the 3 days that I was there we stopped talking only to use the bathroom or sleep, which not a lot of that happened either. The first night we stayed up until 5am talking and even then forced ourselves to stop talking and get some rest. It was such a great trip and we both loved spending so much time together since we haven't got to do that in a long time.Jenn has a rare disease called EDS. It is extremely painful for her to do every day activities and she is hurting all the time. Sometimes it hurts bad, and sometimes hurts really bad, but those are about the two levels, it never goes away. I am so amazed at her ability to still put on a smile and be positive all the time. It is far and few in between that she complains about her situation or how she is feeling, and it truly is incredible. I'm just can't even start to imagine what it feels like to have your whole body aching and shots of pain all day long. I know it was a huge sacrifice on her part to get out of bed and pretend like she is feeling fine and make the best of the days we had together. She is truly my best friend and I love her so much and admire her strength. Thank you for such a great weekend Jenn!!
1 comment:
Rach.... you are the most amazing, wonderful, fun, silly, incredible friend! I can't tell you how much it meant to me that you came out to visit. I am very grateful for your love and patience! I appreciate your listening and compassion, and even more your stories and fun company! It seriously uplifts my soul just to be around you. And I so enjoyed getting to know you even better than I already did. And I totally miss you!!!!!! My mind is made up- we're not going to live this far apart our whole lives. We'll be like Grandma Allison & Aunt Marilyn and move in across the street from each other so we can make chicken rolls together do crafts for your kids. :)
I love you, Rach! Thanks for everything!!!!
Post a Comment