Saturday, August 11, 2012

Building Lyla's Bed

 Well, its time. We are moving in a few weeks and Mac will be using the crib so Lyla needs a bed. We have a trundle bed already but I really am not looking forward to the future battles of keeping Lyla's squirmy little body in a bed she can get out of. So...I tried to get myself excited and looked around online and got inspired to make one, and is 1/3 of the price of buying a new one! 

Since I don't have the tools, or skills for that matter, I roped my dad into helping me. I went up to their house with the kids for a few days and while we worked in the garage, grandma watched the kids.




I think it turned out super adorable and really did get me more excited to move Lyla into her own bed. I went back to paint it white, but didn't get a pic, so i'll have to wait until we move it into the new house.
(Big thanks to papa who really did most of the work, but I was really good at encouraging him as he went, haha)

1 comment:

kenders said...

You did such a great job! Way to take on a project ;)