Saturday, March 21, 2015

5K

Today I accomplished something I never thought I would. I completed my first 5K!! My friend Mary is an avid runner, and signs up for practically every run across the wasatch front. She is always trying to get me to do one with her, so I finally found one that sounded fun and agreed to do it with her. It was called the Blacklight Run. I trained for several months, running here and there when I could. I really loathe running, and still do, but it was super fun to finish and do something that I didn't think I could do. 

Here we are, with Mary's sister-in-law Amy who wanted to join us. I figured we should be crazy and I made us matching tutus to make it even more fun. 

After the race there was a dance party with everyone who was there. Every 15 minutes you throw up these bags of chalk dust that glow in the dark. It was super fun. I haven't been to a dance party of any kind since I was single! 

Par-tay!!