Sunday, December 21, 2014

December Activities

I get a little crazy around the holidays. I like to start traditions, but also do as many memory-making activities as possible. I don't have pictures for it all, but so far this December we have: 

Visited temple square lights 


Sat on Santa's lap of course, and took a hay ride out by the farm we were at

Gingerbread houses with the Sohm's 

We have also created and done a list of random acts of kindness. A few examples are leaving cookies for the mailman, doorbell ditching flowers to some neighbors with a nice note, Lyla helped me make a tie blanket for the kids at the Children's Hospital, and making treats for friends. We also did the drive-thru lights at Thanksgiving Point, the live nativity in Bluffdale, festival of trees and zoo lights.

This year I really got into the "Elf on the Shelf" where we hide an elf in a new spot each night and when the kids wake up they try to find him. The story goes that the Elf is watching them to make sure they are good and flies back to Santa each night to report. The look on their face each morning as they discover his new spot is priceless.

No comments: