Every morning Lyla wakes up and Josh is already off to work and I'm always still asleep. I am not a morning person so I am rarely ever awake before 7/7:30 which is when Lyla usually gets up. She will mill around the house, read books or just lay on the couch for awhile as she slowly wakes up. Eventually she comes and wakes me up or gets in bed with me. One morning she got herself dressed, went downstairs for awhile and then came up and told me she had made breakfast.
This is what I came downstairs to: A bowl of cereal, milk included, string cheese opened and set by each bowl, and a cup of milk to drink for all 3 of us. (Me, Mac, and herself). It melted my heart and I couldn't believe she did this! She even spilled a little bit of the milk and had wiped most of it up with a towel. Lyla has always thrived off of being independent and can do just about anything by herself if you give her the time and instruction. Although her ability to do all of this wasn't surprising, that she did it all by herself while I was still waking up in bed was the cutest thing. I was so proud of her.
Although we don't give Mac bottles anymore, he will take one any time if offered to him. Lyla knows he loves his bottle and so she even thought to get him one. What a cutie.
No comments:
Post a Comment