Saturday, December 28, 2013

20 Weeks Prego w/ #3

We finally found out that it is a BOY! I was supposed to have my ultrasound before Christmas but then they called and said they had some scheduling issues and made me wait until the 27th. I am inpatient as usual and it killed me to wait 2 more weeks than I had to, but it was nice to have Christmas in between to keep me occupied. This pregnancy has been the best of all 3 with not being as sick the first trimester, no infections or acid re-flux so far. I am one happy camper and enjoying the glory days of 2nd trimester. 

Lyla was convinced that we were going to have a girl. I was too for a long time, but not sure of course. But when I walked in the door from the doctor she shouted out
 "MOM! Is it a boy or a girl?!" 
It's a BOY! 
So... it is a girl? 
No, its a boy. 
Are you sure it's not a girl? 
Yep, I'm sure, it's a boy. 
Oh, ok. 

She wasn't super sad or anything, but her reaction was cute. Since telling her it was a boy though she all of a sudden has a "sister" who is her own imaginary sister and we have to do things like pull the chair out at dinner for her, buckle the seat belt in the car, keep the door open so she can come into the house etc. She said her name is Consume? Still not sure what that means or where it is from but I find it funny that since she wasn't getting a sister from me she has created her own :) 

No comments: