I traveled to CO to say goodbye to my childhood home as my parents move to Utah in a week. It was sad to say goodbye to the only place that I called home. I had lived there since I was 6.
I had to take pictures of some of the little things that made it ours.
Here is a few wood posts in the basement that Wally and I marked our height and ages over the years
When I was a teenager I started getting into wanting to decorate. My mom let me pick out my first queen bed frame, bed spread, curtains and lamp. These are the curtains I picked out that matched both the bed spread and lamp. It was a really popular print at the time
This was still hanging on the wall behind the door in my room. One of the last things that was actually still on the wall since my parents had started packing everything up already. It reminds me of being a teenager and the great times I had in Young Womens. I had amazing leaders and will miss going to my "home ward" and seeing them. I was close with a lot of people in that ward.
Here is part of the back yard. I planted the "Christmas" tree in the corner there.
The back of the house. I love that Louie is peeking out the back door. He is going to be one lost puppy when they move away and he doesn't know where to scratch to go outside, that there isn't the perfect window to look out and bark and screech at the rabbits that run by the front yard, or where to bang the door that has his food in it telling us he's hungry.
McKay got to take advantage of their nice deep kitchen sink and take his first sink bath.
He liked it, as usual.
And one last sweet picture from the trip. Grandpa to grandson, just talkin about life
I will dearly miss this house. Not really the house, just the memories stored there.
A young couple moved in, their first home. I hope that they can continue to live their married life and raise children there adding to the memories. Goodbye Colorado. Goodbye 9787 S. Foxhill Cir. Someday I'll come back and drive by just to say hello :) Until then, thanks for all the memories.

No comments:
Post a Comment