It's true, we made it through the first year alive, and Lyla Mae turned one yesterday at 6:11pm. It has been a great and amazing year and we have just loved watching this little girl grow up and turn into our little toddler who is walking around now like a pro.
Cake Sequence:

Gets the cake! Super blurry from not turning on the flash first...oops

Tries a little bite...

Tries one more little bite...

Then decides to go all in, both hands and dig in. (this picture doesnt even do it justice, she was really goin at it and having so much fun squishing the cake and throwing it around)

Soo yummy

Briefly stops eating to give a cute face

Making sure she gets it all

Makes sure to get every piece and decided to lick the plate

All done..ready for a bath!

Made the birthday banner, turned out pretty good and excited to use it in the future too

The cake for everyone but Lyla. I had a lot of firsts with this cake. I made two different ones, lemon with lemon filling and chocolate with raspberry filling. I had never made a double decker, either of the fillings, or buttercream frosting before, but all turned out pretty well and I had so much fun making it. I used some cake "tattoos" to spice it up

Lyla's very own cake


Everyone who came and celebrated! So much fun

Opened a few presents, she has been wanting to play with this all week

Got some cool things from gma and gpa green

Then we had a dance party for a little while. It was a great day, we had a lot of fun and pretty sure Lyla did too!
1 comment:
Holy Cow! Go for it, Girl! Haha- she totally devoured that cake! I can tell you that most 1-year-olds don't really do that. When I would do pictures of their first cake in the studio, after a while we'd just smear it on them and pretend they were really eating it. That girl must take after her mother and aunt Jenn! :) Next year: Balls Cake!
Post a Comment